Change is happening at ASLF. President and co-founder Samuel H. Sage will be retiring in 2016. The Board is currently seeking qualified candidates to submit an application to fill the newly created role of Executive Director. The description of duties is below. All submissions should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, with guidance from the President, the Executive Director (ED) will have strategic and operational responsibility and provide administrative leadership and direction for staff and programs. The ED will also be the ‘face’ of the organization to external stakeholders. S/he will develop deep knowledge of programs, operations, and the business plan. The ED will oversee program implementation; budget development, policies and proposals, and participate in the growth of the organization. The position is based in Syracuse, NY.
The ED will have proven leadership, development, and administrative/operational experience and will be expected to travel domestically, and perhaps internationally, as needed. Foreign language skills, although not mandatory, are desirable. Demonstrable experience and qualifications include:
- Masters degree in non-profit or small business management, public administration and/or environmental justice / environmental science, policy, law or advocacy preferred, with at least 5 years of non-profit or other management experience.
- Ability to manage staff, administer operations, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse constituents.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information with precision; use effective reasoning skills; develop alternative solutions; work well in team problem-solving scenarios.
- Innovation: Act as a change agent; display creativity and address challenges with resourceful approaches and ideas that ultimately lead to improvement.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Salary and contractual terms will be evaluated by the ASLF Board after a six-month probationary period.
The job posting will close on April 1, 2016 at midnight.
Applicant should submit, as attachments, the following to email@example.com:
- Current Resume/CV
- A cover letter describing experience with problem-solving and innovation.
- 3 references, including name, relationship, phone number and email address
Atlantic States Legal Foundation, Inc affirmatively seeks candidates and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.